IS A 3-YEAR STABILIZED TOUR
current members of the Alabama Army National Guard and those eligible to
become members of the ALARNG (to include the Regular Army and Army Reserves) in
the rank of SGT/E-5 TO SFC/E7.
be able to become a Federally recognized member of the Army National Guard of
2. Must be able to serve at least 3 years in an active military status prior
to: (a) Completing 18-years of active Federal service, or (b) The date of
mandatory removal (without any extension under any provision of law or
regulation from Ready Reserve status based on age or service as prescribed by
3. Meet medical standards as prescribed by AR 40-501, chapter 3, 4 or 5.
4. Must meet physical standards prescribed by AR 600-9.
5. Must not be under current suspension of favorable personnel actions.
6. Applicants who voluntarily separate from the AGR program for one or more
days are not eligible to reenter the program for one year from date of
7. Applicants must not be entitled to receive Federal military retired or
retainer pay, receive Federal civil service annuities, or be eligible for
immediate Federal civil service annuities.
8. Individuals who voluntarily resign from the AGR program in lieu of adverse
personnel actions are not eligible to reenter the program.
9. Individuals who have been separated from other military services for
cause, unsuitability, or unfitness for military service (other than temporary
medical disability) are ineligible to enter the AGR program.
10. Individuals who would attain 18 or more years of active military service
during their initial tour period of AGR duty are ineligible to enter the AGR
11. Individuals involuntarily separated from the AGR program are not eligible
to reenter the program.
12. Eligibility of females will be consistent with existing Department of the
Army Combat Exclusion policies. Selection and nomination will be made from
those applicants determined best qualified in terms
principally involving experience, demonstrated ability, performance, training
13. Must be eligible for AGR service IAW AR 135-18.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL WMD (CST) MEMBERS:
WMD (CST) members work in OSHA Level A Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
fully-encapsulated chemical suits with supplied breathing air. Members will
be required to use respirators for duties that will vary from light to heavy,
may include security, rescue and escape, occur under humid conditions and
could exceed 4 hours per day. Selected individual must pass a Level A
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Performance Measures Test before being
accepted into the AGR program. Must be able to work in PPE carrying a minimum
of 80 lbs.
2. Selected individual must pass physical examination for Level A PPE IAW
OSHA requirements and 29 CFR 1910.134(B)(10) before
being accepted into the AGR program. This includes OSHA Respirator Medical
Evaluation Questionnaire, medical evaluation for respirator clearance to
include pulmonary function test and ALNG Respirator Clearance.
3. The Civil Support Skills Course (CSSC) must be successfully
completed. Also due to critical
special training and mission requirements, personnel assigned to WMD (CST)
will commit to serve a 3-year stabilized tour that starts upon completion of
Civil Support Skills Course (CSSC).
4. All WMD (CST) members must live within a 50 mile radius of assigned duty
5. All WMD (CST) members will be on-call 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
6. All WMD (CST) members will be exposed to live chemical warfare agents and
may be exposed to biological agents and radiological releases as a result of
training or operations.
7. This position requires extensive travel and training away from home
8. Must have a current state driver’s license.
Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
(2) Must have knowledge of the organization and mission of the Army
DA PAM 611-21 qualifications for initial award of the applicable MOS:
(1) A physical demands rating of moderately heavy. (2)
Normal color vision. (3) A minimum score of 100 in aptitude area
ST. (4) Mandatory formal training. Physical profile of 212221.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND JOB DESCRIPTION/CRITERIA:
the Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team Assistant
Operations/Training NCO. Performs assigned Operations/Training duties as
directed in garrison and tactical environment. As required, operates in Level A PPE during
CBRN reconnaissance or technical decontamination operations.
the WMD CST to conduct concurrent biological and chemical agent detection and
Operations and Fragmentary Orders and maintains the WMD CST system to track
the certifications of personnel expected to enter WMD incident sites.
c. Participates in
the WMD CST contaminated sample collection/transfer chain of custody
d. Processes NBC
report and refer issues to the Commander as necessary.
e. Assists the Senior Operations Non
Commissioned officer in the accomplishment of:
Standardization and distribution of the WMD CST
Coordinating the activities of any attached or
assigned medical or decontamination units.
Demonstrating operational control over WMD CST
actions throughout a CBRN response.
f. Plans for future
operations – coordinating the Operations Section logistics requirements.
g. Acts as the
commands central point of contact for all lessons learned during CST
h. Implements the
WMD CST system to track personnel entering/exiting a WMD incident site.
i. Participates in the decontamination
of WMD CST CBRN teams.
training records for the WMD CST unit.
Coordinates all training requirements.
Application Procedures and
To ensure you have included the required documents with your application,
please mark the following blocks (1-10).
_____1. Form 34-1 dated Feb 2010 and application must be signed.
_____2. Copy of MEDPROS IMR Report.
_____3. A current height/weight statement from Commander, which includes your
height/weight. Also if you exceed the MAW, you must submit a DA Form 5500-R,
Body Fat Content Worksheet.
_____4. Copies of Last 3 NCOERs
_____5. Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) with ASVAB scores posted.
_____6. Copies of all DD Form 214s.
_____7. Current RPAM Statement
_____8. Copy of current DA
Form 705 (APFT Scorecard) with last two record APFTs.
_____9. If your current grade exceeds the maximum grade of this announcement,
you must submit a statement indicating willingness to accept an administrative
_____10. If you are currently in the AGR Program you
will need a memorandum from your command approving your transfer if you are
selected for the position.
must be received NLT COB on 14 April 2014.
Send to: JFHQ, ATTN: AL-HRO-MDM, 1720 Congressman W.L. Dickinson Drive,
Montgomery, AL 36109. Any questions
concerning this announcement contact SFC Graham (334) 271-7419.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
WITH THESE PROCEDURES WILL RESULT IN RETURN OF APPLICATION WITHOUT ACTION.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
AFTER CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.